Many of us have times when we cannot shake feelings of regret or worry.
At other times we feel like we are doing our best, but it just doesn’t seem good enough. It is normal to feel a bit stressed at work, but when the anxiety begins to control you and keep you from performing your normal activities, it becomes a serious problem.
For many workers that suffer heightened workplace anxiety, their productivity decreases and they fail to positively engage in their job, which can in return make them even more anxious. The key is to recognize those thoughts and situations that increase anxiety and to receive appropriate treatment. With the right workplace support, this anxiety can be managed, overcome, or worked around.
This interactive eLearning program contains three modules that move you towards insight and understanding around the issues of anxiety and anxiety disorders so that you can provide much needed support and understanding.
"This was the best use of an hour of my time"
In under 60 minutes, you will:
- Explore the impact of stigma towards people living with anxiety and anxiety disorders
- Recognize risk factors and warning signs for anxiety disorders
- Improve comfort in addressing anxiety issues in the workplace using a Supportive Conversations Action Plan
- Determine actions that can be taken to support psychological health and safety in the workplace
Module One: What Is Anxiety
Introduction to the complex issue of anxiety and the factors that put people at risk.
Module Two: Recognizing The Signs And Symptoms
This module focuses on recognizing the signs and factors associated with anxiety and anxiety disorders.
Module Three: Anxiety In The Workplace
Recovery is aided by the presence of people who believe in and stand by the person dealing with a mental health challenge. Improve comfort in supporting a highly anxious co-worker
Providing Understanding and Support
is an eLearning course helping you
to increase your knowledge, skills and strategies to reduce stigma and move towards positive outcomes in dealing with Anxiety Disorders, including panic and phobias.
Successful organizations know that healthy employees are a competitive edge, however, there are systemic and organizational factors that affect the mental health of workers.
Does your organization:
- have an overall health policy stating your organization's intent to protect and promote the mental health of all employees?
- have a formal assessment process to determine employee needs and preferences in regards to enhancing their mental health and ensuring a psychologically healthy workplace?
- educate employees and leaders in healthy workplace principles and methods?
- through its leaders demonstrate through their actions, a commitment to providing a psychologically healthy workplace?
If not, Anxiety and Anxiety Disorders: Providing Understanding and Support can help to get you and your team on the right track!