Just over one in ten adults will experience Depression, at some point in their life, and often will do so in silence.
Individuals experiencing Depression or Bipolar Disorder often feel distant from colleagues, friends and loved ones and find it difficult to be as successful and productive in the workplace as they want to be.
This interactive eLearning program contains four modules that move you towards insight and understanding around the issues of mental health and mood disorders so that you can provide much needed support and understanding.
"This was the best use of an hour of my time"
In under 60 minutes, you will:
- Explore the impact of stigma towards people living with mental illness issues
- Recognize risk factors and warning signs for mental illness
- Improve comfort in addressing mental health issues in the workplace a Supportive Conversations Action Plan
- Determine actions that can be taken to support psychological health and safety in the workplace
Module One: Defining Mood Disorders
This introduction to the complex issue of mood disorders and the factors that put people at risk.
This module will:
- Give definitions and factual information about mood disorders
- Focus on three main types of mood disorders including Depression, Bipolar Disorder and Seasonal Affective Disorder
Module Two: Recognizing The Signs And Symptoms
Support begins with being able to recognize the signs and symptoms of Depression, Bipolar Disorder and Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- Does a deeper dive into the three main types of mood disorders
- Provides skills to identify the warning signs in others
Module Three: Support Strategies
Recovery is aided by the presence of people who believe in and stand by the person dealing with a mental health challenge. They need a person whom they can trust to be there for them. They need people that believe in them, even when they do not believe in themselves. They need people who listen and understand even when things may not make sense. This module looks at how you can be that person.
This module will help you to:
- Implement a simple and effective four-step action plan to assess the situations, identify needs and intervene appropriately using our Supportive Conversations Action Plan called ALEC
- Be more aware of where to look and how to access resources
Screening For Depression
Mood Disorders Quiz
Beyond Baby Blues: The Depths Of Postpartum Depression
Lessening The Anguish Through Supportive Workplace Conversations
Providing Understanding and Support
is an eLearning course helping you
to increase your knowledge and skills in order to reduce stigma and move towards positive outcomes.
Successful organizations know that healthy employees are a competitive edge, however, there are systemic and organizational factors that affect the mental health of workers.
Does your organization:
- have an overall health policy stating your organization's intent to protect and promote the mental health of all employees?
- have a formal assessment process to determine employee needs and preferences in regards to enhancing their mental health and ensuring a psychologically healthy workplace?
- educate employees and leaders in healthy workplace principles and methods?
- through its leaders demonstrate through their actions, a commitment to providing a psychologically healthy workplace?
If not, Mood Disorders: Providing Understanding and Support can help to get you and your team on the right track!